Under the Rotunda

Saturday, January 08, 2005

RSS adoption by the masses.

I've been thinking about the spread of blogs and everything related (namely RSS and podcasts) for a few days now, as I start (slooooowly) to put together a 'newsflash'-type update for our clients who are less in the know about such things. (We have seem to have a lot of those :)

I've also over the last couple of days added even more of the Jupiter Research guys' blogs to my feed list.

Which makes this post from Eric Peterson good reading. Its title,
'What will it take to push RSS into the mainstream?', pretty well explains the content.

I have to say I pretty much tried to avoid as much info as I could about the tsunami (knowing that would be impossible and I could get by on the still large amount that you can't avoid), but I still don't doubt Eric's claim that 'everything (he) read about the tsunami was more interesting than what he saw on the news'. Some pretty compelling evidence of that claim is a Phuket Tsunami blog Eric links to. I've only had a quick read, but it already sounds more ... (hard to select the right word here) refreshing than the stereotypical news stories that we are getting as sidebars and current affairs shows of the a) the 'miracle survival' story and b) the 'unlikely/ordinary heroes' stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home