Under the Rotunda

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

More on the Greater Union online booking experience...

An email newsletter from Greater Union leads to a page of theirs that works extra hard to promote their online ticket booking feature, including this:


And the good news doesn't end there.
* You can now book up to 30 minutes before a session commences (previously 2 hours).


It seems they have some bugs to iron out in the whole system.
All up didn't add up to a nice consumer experience at all (although last time the woman on the phone at the cinema was really earnest in her attempts at assistance, which helped my perception)

Its a pity the two hour window hasn't previously worked either (wonder if that's still the case).
(Link: My previous post on this subject).

Also on the page, touted as a new feature:


* Following week's sessions (Thurs-Wed) are now available for online bookings even earlier.
- Regular sessions available from the previous Tuesday.


My visit to the site just now, to try and book 'Cellular' for tomorrow - unsuccessful - was told after selecting my session time that is was unavailable for booking online. To me that sounds contradictory to the above scheduling.

So I tried to book 'The Incredibles' for a session that started 15 minutes ago. While I didn't step all the way through to final payment, it looked like it was going to let me. This reminds me of last time I tried this - the system didn't seem to stop me trying to book a session approximately 1.5 hours after it finished....


Link: Online booking info page at Greater Union

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home